Newfoundland & Labrador PNP
Newfoundland & Labrador Provincial Nominee Program
Newfoundland and Labrador is Canada’s one of the most popular PNP. The PNP welcomes thousands of immigrants every year to tackle the labour shortage gaps. Newfoundland and Labrador is the easternmost province of Canada. The Provincial Nominee Program offers a pathway to immigrants. The province has multiple immigration Programs for suiting a range of immigrant candidates. The Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program allows the province to hire skilled workers based on the labour market gap in Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Newfoundland & Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP) accepts applications under the following immigration categories:
- Skilled Worker Category
- Express Entry Skilled Worker Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Entrepreneur Category
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
- Priority Skills NL Category
- Atlantic Immigration Program
NLPNP Skilled Worker Category
This category is for skilled workers and prospective immigrants who have skills that are helpful to the labour market. Eligible applicants must have an offer of employment from a local employer or be currently working in the province on a work permit.
What are the Eligibility Requirements of the Skilled Worker Category?
- Applicant Should be 21 to 59 years old
- A full-time Employment offer from an employer in Newfoundland and Labrador. The job offer must be full-time.
- Job duration should be at least 24 months.
- Applicant must show intention to live and Work in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Applicant must have Sufficient settlement funds and financial resources to settle in the province.
- Applicant must be educated and meet the requirement of the job.
- Occupations listed in NOC Code C or D will have to meet the Language Requirements.
- English or French language capability to perform the employment duties.
Express Entry Skilled Worker Category
The Express Entry Skilled Worker Category is a way to immigrate to Newfoundland and Labrador. Skilled workers who have been accepted into IRCC’s Express Entry pool; who already have a job offer in Newfoundland and Labrador; and, who have the intent to live permanently in this province can be nominated.
IRCC has committed to processing 80 percent of all Express Entry candidates within 06 months of receiving the application.
Eligibility Requirement of Express Entry Skilled Worker Category:
- Applicants must score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 in the PNP point assessment grid. Points will be awarded based on five factors: – Age, Language Ability, Education and Training, Work Experience, Adaptability (Connection(s) to the Newfoundland and Labrador)
- Be accepted into IRCC’s Express Entry pool and have a valid Express Entry code.
- Must have a valid Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).
- Must have a valid full-time job offer from Newfoundland and Labrador. Offer of Employment must be at least for 2 years.
- Must have sufficient funds to settle in the province.
What is the cost of the Express Entry Skilled Worker Category?
The cost of the Express Entry Skilled Worker category is CAD 250.
International Graduate Category
This International Graduate category is for recent graduates who have a Post-Graduate Work Permit and a job or offer of employment from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer.
Eligibility Requirement of International Graduate Category:
- Age must be between 21 to 59 years old.
- Employment offer must be at least for two years. All benefits and salary must be following the prevailing rates in the province.
- The job must be full-time in NOC O, A, Or B
- Applicant Must display intent to live and work in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Applicant must have completed at least a two-year degree or diploma.
- Must Hold Sufficient funds and financial resources.
- Must have a valid language proficiency result.
- If the applicant has completed their education at an institute outside Newfoundland and Labrador, then:
- The employment offer must be in the field of study.
- Work experience of at least one year in the field of study (in some cases needed)
International Entrepreneur Category
The International Entrepreneur category is for experienced business managers or senior business owners who wish to permanently reside in Newfoundland and Labrador. They must buy an existing business or start a new business in the province. The Person must actively participate in the day-to-day management of the business. After operating the business for at least one year, the international entrepreneur category may be nominated for permanent resident status, subject to fulfillment of certain criteria outlined by the Office of Immigration and Multiculturalism.
Eligibility Requirement of International Entrepreneur Category:
- To qualify Applicant’s Age must be between 21 to 59 years old
- Must have a Valid Educational Credential Assessment Report
- Provide a Plan of Business with supporting financial documents
- Show the intent to live in Newfoundland and Labrador permanently
- Have at least a minimum net worth of $600,000 CAD
- Be able to invest a minimum of $200,000 CAD of their own money to start a business.
- Score a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark CLB 5 level in French or English language in writing, reading, listening, and speaking (acceptable tests include CELPIP General Test, IELTS General Training Test, and TEF)
- Complete an Online application of Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Receive an Invitation to apply and submit your application.
International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
The Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program International Graduate Entrepreneur category is for candidates who have graduated from a College of the North Atlantic or the Memorial University of Newfoundland, and who have already started or bought a local business in the province and maintained day-to-day operations for at least one continuous year.
This is an immigration recruitment and selection program that allows the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador to nominate individuals to the federal government who meet provincial labour market and economic needs and who intend to permanently establish themselves in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Eligibility Requirement of International Graduate Entrepreneur Category:
- To qualify Applicant’s Age must be at least 21 years old.
- Offer a plan of Business with supporting documents
- Must have completed a degree or Diploma from North Atlantic College or Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Must hold a valid Post-Graduate Work-Permit
- Display the intention to live and work in NLPNP
- Have a minimum 1-year Continuous work experience of ownership (at least 33.3%) and active management of the existing business
- Must score of Canadian Language Benchmark CLB 7 level in French or English language in writing, reading, listening, and speaking
- Complete an Online Profile of EOI (Expression of Interest)
- Receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply)
Priority Skills Newfoundland and Labrador
The NLPNP Priority Skills process is planned for individuals who have experience in occupations in demand in Newfoundland and Labrador, and who have a high level of education, language, work experience, and who wish to show their interest in either staying in or coming to the province and becoming a permanent resident of Canada.
The applicant needs to score a minimum of 60 points. Applicants with the highest scores may receive invitations through Priority Skills.
Eligibility Requirement of Priority Skills NL Category:
- To Qualify be at least 21 years of age
- Applicant Must have taken an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) language test within the last twelve months and scored equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5 or higher.
- A minimum of at least one year of experience is required in the past 10 years in one of the in-demand occupations in Newfoundland & Labrador
- Must have completed Masters’ or Doctorate Degree in the last 3 years from a Memorial University, in the following specialties Agriculture, Aquaculture, Technology, or Health Care
How Much Time Does It Take for Applications to Be Processed for Skilled Worker and Express Entry Skilled Worker?
Once an NLPNP file is submitted with all the required documents and assigned to an immigration officer, they will take the decision within approximately 25 business days for EESW and SW.
The NLPNP and stream criteria may change without any prior notice. The Government reserves the right to close or suspend application intake for any NLPNP category at any time.
What Is the Point Assessment Grid Factor for Express Entry Skilled Worker Category?
Adaptability and Link
What are the documents required for the Newfoundland Labrador PNP?
The documents required for the Newfoundland Labrador PNP differ. It varies depending on the immigration program you are applying to.
- All The Application Forms
- Valid Passport
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (If Applicable)
- Divorce Certificate (If Applicable)
- Proof of Settlement Funds
- Income Tax Returns
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Educational Credential Assessment Report
- An employment offer letter and Reference letters
- Proof of Language Proficiency
- Proof of relationship (If any available in Canada)
- Settlement Plan
- Paid Fee Slip
We Provide the Best Service in Industry
Get Free Counselling Today. Let us explore your options.