Australia PR Points System
Australian Immigration Point System
Australia Skilled Visa Subclasses
The Australia Point System aids candidates in calculating points for the 189, 190, and 491 subclasses of Australian immigration visas. A minimum of 65 points is required for each visa application. The higher the points, the more likely the person will be invited to apply and live, work, and study permanently in Australia. The Australian PR eligible calculator aids in determining a candidate’s eligibility for a skilled migration visa by computing points across many factors. The minimum eligibility criteria for all three also being explained below.
The candidate needs to score a minimum 65 points for each visa subclasses.
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491)
Australian Visa Subclasses and Maximum Points Required
|Skilled – Independent (subclass 189)||65|
|Skilled – Sponsored (subclass 190)||65|
|Skilled – Regional Sponsored (subclass 491)||65|
- To obtain a visa under the general skilled migration program, one must obtain a minimum of 65 points.
- The point system assigns you a score based on a variety of factors, including your age and employment experience.
The points allotment and requirements for each criterion are broken down in depth below as:
|Age (25-33 years)||30 points|
|English proficiency (8 bands)||20 points|
|Work Experience outside Australia (8-10 years)||15 points|
|Work Experience in Australia (8-10 years)||20 points|
|Education (outside Australia)||20 points|
|Niche skills such as Doctorate or master’s degree in Australia||5 points|
|Study in a regional area||5 points|
|Accredited in community language||5 points|
|Professional year in a skilled program in Australia||5 points|
|State sponsorship (190 visa)||5 points|
Factor 1: Age
|At least 18 to 24 years||25|
|At least 25 to 32 years||30|
|At least 33 to 39 years||25|
|At least 40 to 44 years||15|
|At least 45 to 49 years||0|
Factor 2: English Language Skills
- To claim points for Superior or Proficient English language skills, all Skill Select applicants for Australian immigration must complete the IELTS test.
- Those who are natural English speakers or have received a tertiary degree from an institution that meets Australian university criteria are exempt from taking the IELTS.
|Competent English – IELTS 6 in each
TOEFL iBT – Listening – 12, Reading – 13, Writing – 21 and Speaking – 18
PTE Academic – Listening – 50, Reading – 50, Writing – 50 and Speaking – 50
|Proficient English – IELTS 7 in each
TOEFL iBT – Listening – 24, Reading – 24, Writing – 27 and Speaking – 23
PTE Academic – Listening – 65, Reading – 65, Writing – 65 and Speaking – 65
|Superior English – IELTS 8 in each
TOEFL iBT – Listening – 28, Reading – 29, Writing – 30 and Speaking – 26
PTE Academic – Listening – 79, Reading – 79, Writing – 79 and Speaking – 79
Factor 3: Work Experience (Outside Australia Oversees)
|Experience (no. of Years)||Points|
|Less than 3 Years||0|
|3 to 5 Years||5|
|5 to 8 Years||10|
|8 Years and more||15|
Factor 4: Work Experience (within Australia)
|Experience (no. of Years)||Points|
|Less than 1 Year||0|
|1 to 3 Years||5|
|3 to 5 Years||10|
|5 to 8 Years||15|
|8 Years and more||20|
Factor 5: Qualification
|Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree||15|
|Australia Diploma or Trade Qualification||10|
|Award or Qualification Recognized by Assessing Authority||10|
Factor 6: Australian Qualification:
|Masters in Research or Doctorate||10|
|Degree, Diploma or Trade (Australia Study Requirement)||5|
Factor 7: Language Skill
|Desired Language (NAATI)||5|
Factor 8: Spouse / Partner Skill and Qualification
|Spouse meeting age, English and skill requirement||10|
|The spouse who has competent English||5|
|If you are single or If Your Partner is an Australian citizen or PR||10|
Factor 9: Professional Skills
Factor 10: Sponsorship or Nomination (Subclass 190 and Subclass 489)
|Sponsorship or Nomination||Points|
|Skilled Nominated or Sponsored Visa (Subclass 190)||5|
|Skilled Nominated or Sponsored Visa (Subclass 489)||10|
Tips to Increase Australia PR Score
- There are a few methods that will help you gain more points. If you pass the NAATI exam, for example, you will receive an extra 05 points.
- As a result of recent modifications, applicants from overseas or off-shore can now take the NAATI exam. There is one more update on the NAATI exam, which you can take in Telegu as well. This is one of the most significant advantages for people considering applying for General Skilled Migration.
- You can earn an extra 05 points if you completed your Professional Year in Australia in the last 48 months, particularly in Accounting, Computing, or Engineering.
You’re Just a Call Away to Connect with Australian Point System Enhancers
At Izago, we are a dedicated pool of Australian immigration consultants with 10+ years of experience who will help you to resolve all of your Australian immigration-related queries without draining your bank. Simply let us know your requirements and our professionals will soon contact you to discuss the Australia PR Visa query. Connect with us today!
We Provide the Best Service in Industry
Get Free Counselling Today. Let us explore your options.